This sheet pan recipe was created because large batch of “rice crispy treats” was needed and no matter how hard I looked, I just couldn’t find a recipe that I liked that would also fill a bakers half sheet pan all the way to the top like I wanted. I usually end up developing my own recipes anyway, so you can imagine just how happy it made me when my first try ended up being the perfect amount and exactly what I was in need of. Lucky for you, I am sharing my Sheet Pan Rice Krispie Treats Recipe with all of you today!
Keep in mind that these are just basic rice crispy treats, nothing fancy… but this recipe is just super handy to have because I took out the guesswork so none of us have to guess or make several batches of treats to suit our needs…often times just one large batch is all that is needed.
My big batch of rice krispie treats recipe is perfect for any potluck, bake sale, or party that you are going to.
Or you know, it works for just your family too, if yours is like mine and they are pretty much just a bunch of piglets… and in that case, this batch lasts my family of five two days of “treats”.
We are going to just jump right into the tutorial pics and then down at the bottom I will give you the free printable recipe card with full instructions.
How to make a big batch of Rice Krispie Treats:
Here are all of the ingredients all laid out… though if you’re going to be making these treats very often, a tip is to make sure to use generic and bulk products to save money when making these.
Don’t forget, that if you like this recipe, to make sure and check out my Sweet Tooth section…. SO MANY yummy recipes are found there.
- ¾ C Salted Butter
- 1 & ½ Bags (16 oz bags) Mini Marshmallows
- *Optional Vanilla Extract and/or food coloring
- 15 Cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- In a large pot, on medium heat, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and stir occasionally until they have melted. Remove from heat.
- *If desired you can add 1 T of vanilla or other extract and/or any food coloring at this point, mix well.
- Then add the Rice Krispie Cereal. Mix until well coated and the marshmallow mixture is completely incorporated.
- Press into previously prepared cookie sheet and let cool at room temperature. DO NOT REFRIGERATE TO SPEED COOLING!
- Also, it works great to spread them out by laying a sheet of parchment paper over them (once you've scooped them into the pan) and flattening them out by rubbing your hands across the paper. Let set and then cut and serve.
If I make these at home, just for my family, I don't use the non-stick foil I just spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter the pan...my sheet pans are old though so I mostly use the foil to hide how aged they look.
Amount Per Serving Calories 185Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 15mgSodium 53mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 3g
These caloric amounts are automatically estimated by a plugin on my site and should be considered an estimate.
Seriously though…DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE FRIDGE TO SPEED SET UP… they will become rock hard, as any Krispie Treats recipe will, just practice a little patience and wait a little bit for perfection. It will be worth it I promise.
Well, that is all that is all that I have to share today. Please make sure to follow along and share it via social media, or send the link to your friends/family directly…either way I super appreciate it!
Here are links to five of my other yummy recipes that you’re also going to love:
For those of you that would like more options for a “pinnable image” for Pinterest, here you go. Thanks so much for sharing!
*Reposts: Please note that this idea/post was originally posted to this website in July 2015, but it was in great need of a refresh so it is more user friendly/shareable and now has a free printable recipe card.