I needed to make a large batch of “crispy treats” and just plain couldn’t find a recipe that I liked, that filled a half sheet pan all the way to the top, so I developed my own recipe to fit and it is the perfect amount. So, today I am sharing my Sheet Pan Rice Krispie Treats Recipe.
Keep in mind that these are just basic rice crispy treats, nothing fancy… this recipe is just super handy because I took out the guesswork so none of us have to guess or make several batches of treats to suit our needs…often times just one large batch is all that is needed.
My big batch of rice krispie treats recipe is perfect for any potluck, bake sale, or party.
Or you know, it works for just your family too, if yours is like mine and they are pretty much just a bunch of piglets… and in that case, this batch lasts my family of five two days of “treats”.
We are going to just jump right into the tutorial pics and then down at the bottom I will give you the free printable recipe card with full instructions.
How to make a big batch of Rice Krispie Treats:
Here are the ingredients all laid out… though if you’re going to be making these treats very often make sure to use generic and bulk products to save money when making these.
Don’t forget, that if you like this recipe, to make sure and check out my Sweet Tooth section…. SO MANY yummy recipes are found there.
- ¾ C Salted Butter
- 1 & ½ Bags (16 oz bags) Mini Marshmallows
- *Optional Vanilla Extract and/or food coloring
- 15 Cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- In a large pot, on medium heat, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and stir occasionally until they have melted. Remove from heat.
- *If desired you can add 1 T of vanilla or other extract and/or any food coloring at this point, mix well.
- Then add the Rice Krispie Cereal. Mix until well coated and the marshmallow mixture is completely incorporated.
- Press into previously prepared cookie sheet and let cool at room temperature. DO NOT REFRIGERATE TO SPEED COOLING!
- Also, it works great to spread them out by laying a sheet of parchment paper over them (once you've scooped them into the pan) and flattening them out by rubbing your hands across the paper. Let set and then cut and serve.
If I make these at home, just for my family, I don't use the non-stick foil I just spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter the pan...my sheet pans are old though so I mostly use the foil to hide how aged they look.
Amount Per Serving Calories 185Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 15mgSodium 53mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 3g
These caloric amounts are automatically estimated by a plugin on my site and should be considered an estimate.
Seriously though…DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE FRIDGE TO SPEED SET UP… they will become rock hard, as any Krispie Treats recipe will, just be patient and wait a little bit for perfection.
Well, that is all that is all that I have to share today. Please make sure to follow along and share it via social media!
Here are links to five of my other yummy recipes that you’re also going to love:
For those of you that would like more options for a “pinnable image” for Pinterest, here you go. Thanks so much for sharing!
*Reposts: Please note that this idea/post was originally posted to this website in July 2015, but it was in great need of a refresh so it now is more user friendly/shareable and has a free printable recipe card.