Lately I’ve been scouring the internet trying to find a Rice Crispy Treats recipe that would be large enough for a project that I was working on, and I wasn’t happy with any of them. I wanted the recipe to fill an entire cookie sheet and for them to be as thick as the pan. I played around with the ratio’s of ingredients and this is what I decided would work best to suit my needs, so I’m sharing it with all of you in case you need it too.
- ¾ C Salted Butter
- 1 & ½ Bags (16 oz bags) Mini Marshmallows
- *Optional Vanilla Extract and/or food coloring
- 15 Cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- **Before you begin, prepare a cookie sheet by greasing it with butter or adding non-stick foil to the bottom.**
- In a large pot, on medium heat, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and stir occasionally until they have melted. Remove from heat. *If desired you can add 1 T of vanilla or other extract and/or any food coloring at this point, mix well. Then add the Rice Crispy Cereal. Mix until well coated. Press into previously prepared cookie sheet and let cool at room temperature. DO NOT REFRIGERATE TO SPEED COOLING! Also, it works great to spread them out by laying a sheet of parchment paper over them (once you've scooped them into the pan) and flattening them out by rubbing your hands across the paper. Let set and then cut and serve.
You may also like (the pictures are links):