I love a tasty dip recipe that can be eaten with either chips or veggies, so when I found this
High Protein Queso Dip Recipe
I was super pumped to give it a try. I’ve been trying to increase my protein intake lately, and this dip was just the ticket.
Just like with my Easy Cheesy Bean Dip, this High Protein Queso Dip can be made year-round and for any occasion, so it’s super versatile and doesn’t have to made during any particular season or holiday…but I have had luck with it being super popular at pot lucks and game day parties.
*Remember, if you like this recipe, make sure to check out my Appetizers Section, as well as my entire Recipes Section.*
Now to learn how to make High Protein Queso Dip Recipe:
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need laid out.
Of course I’ve gotta share with you some pictures to get you drooling over making this…
Doesn’t it just look so tasty and filling? One of my favorite things about this dip is that it is both super yummy, but it’s also packed with protein so I have so much less guilt when I eat it.
I love that there are several forms of protein in this recipe. The best part about that is that you can pick and choose which proteins you want to add.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes and chilies
- ½ pound white american cheese, shredded
- ½ pound pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ to 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained (use desired amount of meat)
- 1 pound sausage roll, browned and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a medium stock pot or dutch oven, heat the diced tomatoes and chilies over medium-low.
2. Stir in the cheeses, sour cream, garlic powder, and onion powder. Continuing stirring, leaving only for very short periods of time, until completely melted and blended.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir to combine.
4. Optional: If a thinner sauce is desired, add ½ cup milk.
5. Serve warm with assorted chips and vegetables for dipping.
Once warmed you can serve in a slow cooker on warm setting, a good option if it will be left out for an extended period of time.
Amount Per Serving Calories 178 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 37mg Sodium 260mg Carbohydrates 7g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 10g
Oh, and since this is a dip that needs to stay warm, just throw it in a small slow cooker if it needs to stay out to be snacked on…just place it on the “keep warm” setting.
Don’t wait too long to try this super yummy queso dip! 😉
Thanks so much for stopping by my site! If you liked what you saw, please make sure to share it via social media!
If you purchase suggested products through Amazon, the cost to you remains the same, but I make a small commission on everything in your cart. Also, if you ever need to buy it again, you can always come back to my site for the link…just sayin’;).
If something was particularly helpful and you would like to donate directly to my site, you can do so via PayPal, here. I’m a single mom of four, so every little bit helps.
Here are links to five of my other recipes that you’re also going to LOVE!
For those of you that would like a long, skinny image to pin onto your pinterest boards, here is this one. Thanks so much for sharing!