Are you in need of a quick but easy meal idea that is not only low carb, low calorie, high protein, high fiber, and also super tasty AND keeps you full for hours? I know that it almost sounds too good to be true… but you can now look no further, because these High Protein/Low Carb Egg, Cheese, and Meat Pockets are exactly that! It’s actually my go-to secret recipe I use when I need to create a calorie deficit goal, and that is saying a lot for someone that has lost over 100 lbs and continues to maintain a fit lifestyle.
You can’t beat a meal that takes less than five minutes of prep and could easily be made when camping, or in a kitchenette or dorm room…talk about a super simple recipe!
I thought that it would be helpful for me to share with you guys one of my fitness secret weapons…my favorite easy recipe that keeps me on track with my daily fitness goals.
This High Protein, Low Carb Egg Recipe keeps me full!
I literally eat two to four of these almost every single day and they keep me full for HOURS at a time!
That is because they are both high protein and high in fiber too. The best thing about them is that you can switch them up a bit to suit your tastes/dietary restrictions (by changing which meats and cheeses you make them with) so I’m betting that they will quickly become part of your healthy lifestyle routine.
As you view this recipe, please excuse my mediocre (at best) photography skills…I do my best but I am in no way a professional, nor does this single mama of four have the budget to hire one.
I only share my favorite recipes ever, so please don’t skip past it because I failed to capture just how yummy it is.
Here are a few shots of this yummy meal (there is also a silly video in the recipe card to show you how to make these)… I know, I know, I’m nowhere near a professional photographer/vidographer, but I do my best.
What to make with Ole Mexican Foods Extreme Wellness Tortilla’s?
- 1 Ole Mexican Foods Brand Extreme Wellness Tortilla
- 3 Slices Hillshire Farms Naturals Slow Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1/4 Cup Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Large Egg
- Salt & Pepper
- (optional dried peppers)
How to make the best high protein, quick meal with eggs:
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tin foil to about 12 inches in length, or use a foodservice foil sheet.
- Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Place tortilla on the prepared foil.
- Add the turkey to the tortilla in a line across the center.
- Place the shredded mozzarella cheese in the center of the turkey and then hollow out a hole in the middle.
- Crack the egg into the "hole" in the mozzarella.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- If desired add dried peppers or mushrooms.
- Wrap/fold the tortilla around the contents and then wrap the whole thing with the foil the way you would a "hobo dinner". Place on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 20-25 minutes, time depends on how runny you like your eggs.
- Serve with ketchup or hot sauce.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 260Fiber 11gSugar 12gProtein 29g
These caloric amounts are automatically estimated by a plugin on my site and should be treated as an estimate.
These Pockets are hands down the best and fastest low carb, high protein meal out there.
When I make mine, I like to sometimes add some dried bell peppers or mushrooms for a little bit of variety… (keep in mind that dried bell peppers are actually pretty spicy if you decide to do that too).
Plus, I really just like to keep my food “muy caliente”.
I realized several months back how many calories I was eating being kind of a “Ketchup Freak” so I ended up cutting ketchup nearly altogether and now use Frank’s Red Hot Sauce in place of Ketchup on almost everything.
It both moistens dishes, but also gives it an extra kick…and that kick just happens to be zero calories per serving, so I oftentimes will douse my Egg, Meat, and Cheese pockets with it.
How to save money on a high protein/low carb diet?
My best tip for making these on the cheap is to buy your ingredients in bulk… I suggest getting your foil, meat, eggs, and cheese at Costco, and then I buy my tortillas at Walmart, or if you can’t find them at your local Walmart, you can get them on Amazon, here.
The tortillas, meat, and the cheese all freeze really well so it’s easy to always have the ingredients on hand.
That is really all that I have to share with y’all today.
Please keep in mind that I got the original recipe for these from tiphero.com and I played with the ingredients to make a “lightened up, lower fat, higher protein, higher fiber” version so that it would suit my needs to hit my fitness goals so hopefully some of you will like the lightened up version as much as I do.
Please make sure that if you like this recipe to share it via social media, it would really help me out. Thanks so much for your support! ~Sarah
How to follow & support this site
- If you would like to subscribe to my email list, go here.
- Make sure to follow along via social media, by going here.
- If you would like to learn how to really show your support to this site (at no cost to you), go here.
- If you would like to make a direct donation to the site, go here.
P.S. My fitness section should be up and running soon, so please make sure to stop by and learn how I was able to finally overcome binge eating disorder, and to get my health back on track…
I guarantee that no matter what fitness level you are currently, I have something within the series that will make you life so much easier!
Here are several of my other high protein posts that you’re going to want to check out: