It’s that time of year when we’re all trying to keep those home-caged kids busy so that we’re all not pulling our hair out…at least this single mama is… it feels like the winter cold is going to last forever!
So, I thought “what better way to keep the kids busy than to provide a free printable that allows for endless hours of fun”…and here we are with another free printable I have ready for you.
Before we dive into my Winter Gnomes Don’t Eat Pete Free Printable Kids Game, I thought that I would share with you a free printable of the instructions of how to play so that you can also print it off and keep it with your game board, if you need to.
- Place one piece of candy (or non-sticky snack item) on each square of the game board.
- Send one player to another room, this person is "it"(they need to be out of sight and earshot).
- The rest of the players, pick one of the pictures on the game board to be "Pete".
- Have the player that is "it", come back (make sure to tell very small players that they need to not tell the person that is "it" which picture is "Pete").
- The person that is "it" picks up one piece of candy, from the game board, at a time. If the candy is not on "Pete", the person that is "it" can eat it. Repeat picking up, and eating, each piece of candy until the person that is "it" tries to eat the candy that is on top of "Pete". When the person that is "it" tries to eat "Pete", all players yell out "Don't Eat Pete". Once "Pete" has been found, the person that is "it" is done with their turn.
- Refill the game board with candy on each square.
- Send another player out to be "it".
- Repeat the process above until everyone has had a turn, or until everyone is tired of playing.
Here is also a little video that explains it as well, though it’s a pretty simple game:
I recommend printing it on a quality card stock and/or laminating it so that it will last you for years to come…it’s less wasteful that way too so that you don’t have to keep coming back to re-print it.
*Remember: My free printables are free, yes, but for personal use only. If they are ever to be reproduced or sold, that is not an option without first purchasing the rights from me in order to do so. *
Thanks so much for stopping by my site! If you liked what you saw, please make sure to share it via social media!
If you purchase suggested products through Amazon, the cost to you remains the same, but I make a small commission on everything in your cart. Also, if you ever need to buy it again, you can always come back to my site for the link…just sayin’;).
If something was particularly helpful and you would like to donate directly to my site, you can do so via PayPal, here. I’m a single mom of four, so every little bit helps. Thanks again, Love Sarah!
P.S. If you liked this section of my blog, you’re probably also going to like my Craft Section, which can be found here.
Here are five of my other posts that you may also like:
And for those of you that want a big long skinny image of this post to pin onto Pinterest, have at it: