In case you are wondering how I achieved this look, I did the following to the frame:
Two Coats of this color.
Followed by dry brushing with this color.
Followed by this wax.
I let it cure for several hours and then reattached it to the frame. The original painting had been held on by staples, but my staple gun wouldn’t work on it for some reason so I ended up using these heavy duty glue dotsaround the edges of the canvas (also left over from a previous project) and it is holding up great! No pun intended ;). I also just re-used the original hanging hardware, but moved it around on the frame. This is one of those projects that finally makes me excited to go into that room. Slowly but surely this place is feeling more like a home. ~Sarah
You may also like: