My Easy Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo is made with jar sauce, so it’s super simple. This recipe is great for those nights that you just plain don’t feel like cooking, but also don’t want to go the fast food route. Put that slow cooker to use to save yourself some major time and headache.
Time has been scarce lately, so I’ve got another super simple slow cooker recipe for you all. Just like in my Slow Cooker Spaghetti recipe (my most popular recipe of all time), this recipe only takes about five minutes of prep and uses one “pot” so you’ll have less dishes. Win/Win!
I don’t know about you, but a sink piled high with dishes is the bane of my existence these days. So any meal that I can make that cuts down on that particular chore, is a meal that I plan on making more often! It also doesn’t hurt that anything Pasta and Chicken are favorites with my family.
Here are some super yummy shots of the final product!
How To Make Chicken Alfredo In A Crock Pot/Slow Cooker
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (grease it)
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts (depending on how chickeny you want it)
- 1 (16.9 oz) Jar Alfredo Sauce
- 1 (16.9 oz) Jar Water
- 1 lb Penne Pasta (or pasta of choice)
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo With Jar Sauce:
- Use the oil to grease the inside of the crock and up the sides.
- Add the Chicken Breasts.
- Add the Alfredo Sauce.
- Fill the Alfredo Sauce Jar full of water, put the lid back on tightly, give it a good shake and add on top of the Alfredo Sauce.
- Put the lid on and cook on LOW 6-7 hours, or HIGH 3-4 hours (I cook it a little longer when using frozen chicken.)
- When the time is up/chicken is done, remove the chicken and set aside on a cutting board.
- Add a full pound of pasta, I use Whole Wheat Penne. Push the pasta down so it is below the “water line”.
- Chunk the chicken to your desired size, salt and pepper to taste, then add to the slow cooker and put the lid on.
- Continue to cook for one hour stirring every 15-20 minutes. Occasionally an additional half cup of hot water is needed to keep the sauce the right consistency.
* If it’s too runny, leave the lid off for a while and stir every few minutes, this will evaporate any extra liquid. If the pasta hasn’t set up, you may need to add more water, stir, put your lid back on and check it again in 15 minutes… this is the basics to cooking pasta in a Slow Cooker.*
This recipe is perfect for a 6 or 7 Quart Slow Cooker.
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 86mgSodium 144mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 32g
These caloric amounts are automatically estimated by a plugin on my site and should be treated as an estimate only.
It is pretty tasty, and super simple. Like I said before, it’s perfect for anyone that needs a break from cooking but doesn’t want to go the fast food route which will save you some serious money if you add it to your meal planning.
If you liked it, please share this post with others that might like it too. Thanks ~Sarah
Here are links to a few of my other recipes that you’ll also love:
For those of you that would like another option of a “pinnable” image to share on Pinterest, here you go. Thanks so much for the support.
*Reposts: Please note that this idea/post was originally posted to this website on 12/26/2015, but it was in great need of a refresh so it now is more user friendly/shareable, has video, and a free printable recipe card.