Don’t Eat Pete was one of my favorite childhood games because not only was it fun, but it included getting to eat lots of candy.
What kid doesn’t love that?
So, I decided to have my awesome cousin design us a Thanksgiving version of the classic game so that we can keep our kids, or grandkids, busy while we are in the kitchen slaving away over our Thanksgiving feasts.
I’m surprised whenever I talk about the Game “Don’t Eat Pete” how many people don’t actually know it exists or how to play it, so I thought that I would include some instructions with the free printable.
- Place one piece of candy (or non-sticky snack item) on each square of the game board.
- Send one player to another room, this person is "it"(they need to be out of sight and earshot).
- The rest of the players, pick one of the pictures on the game board to be "Pete".
- Have the player that is "it", come back (make sure to tell very small players that they need to not tell the person that is "it" which picture is "Pete").
- The person that is "it" picks up one piece of candy, from the game board, at a time. If the candy is not on "Pete", the person that is "it" can eat it. Repeat picking up, and eating, each piece of candy until the person that is "it" tries to eat the candy that is on top of "Pete". When the person that is "it" tries to eat "Pete", all players yell out "Don't Eat Pete". Once "Pete" has been found, the person that is "it" is done with their turn.
- Refill the game board with candy on each square.
- Send another player out to be "it".
- Repeat the process above until everyone has had a turn, or until everyone is tired of playing.
If my instructions were confusing at all, I found this cute little video on YouTube that shows you how to play it in action.
It’s more fun to play this game with three or more players.
So, now that we all know how to play “Don’t Eat Pete”, but before you get your free printable, I wanted to share with you all five of my other posts that you may also like:
- Beauty & The Beast Floating Rose Kids Craft
- Dollar Tree Greenhouse Seedling Starters
- Free Printable Goldfish Snack Valentine
- End Of Year Teacher Gift Free Printable
- Free Printable Patriotic Word Search
Now back to getting your copy of Don’t Eat Pete Free Printable Kids Game, Thanksgiving Version!
*Please keep in mind that all of my free printables are for personal use only. Not to be sold or distributed without written permission and/or cost from me. *
You could just right-click and save the above image, but it won’t be as high quality (I compress images on this site so that everything loads faster) as it will be if you…
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! If you liked what you saw, please make sure to share it via social media!
If you purchase suggested products through Amazon, the cost to you remains the same, but I make a small commission on everything in your cart. Also, if you ever need to buy it again, you can always come back to my site for the link…just sayin’;).
If something was particularly helpful and you would like to donate directly to the blog, you can do so via PayPal, here. I’m a single mom of four, so every little bit helps. Thanks so much! ~Sarah
Here are five of my other posts that you may also like(the pics are links):